Top 10 Preparation Tips for Scoring 8 Band and More in IELTS
Students who want to pursue under or post-graduation in foreign universities and professionals who are keen on migrating abroad, have to take the IELTS exam, which examines a candidate English listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills. The two IELTS modules are Academic, which is for the would-be under and post-graduates, and General Training, which is for the overseas professionals who need a work or residence permit to migrate abroad. IELTS scores range between 0 and 9. Although every candidate is unique and requires a different band score to fulfill his/her objective, a band score of eight or more is desirable for most. Now, you can set your sights on securing a band score of eight in IELTS. But how do you actually secure such a lofty score? This article provides you the top 10 preparation tips for the desired success.
Following are the 10 most effective tips for scoring high:
- Make reading newspapers and listening to news a part of your everyday routine, to improve your vocabulary, learn to frame proper, concise sentences while writing and speaking, and basically keep yourself abreast with the happenings around the world.
- In addition to reading newspapers and listening to news, podcasts can also be really helpful in honing your listening skill, as far as the IELTS test is concerned.
- Learn to extemporize proficiently. You must learn extemporizing because in the second part in the speaking skill, you will be given a topic to speak on for a few minutes. Here, the focus has to be on clear pronunciation.
- Likewise, practice writing 200 or 300-word essays on random topics, to not only acquaint yourself with writing but also be able to write on any topic you get.
- Also a part of your IELTS preparation has to be learning grammar and becoming familiar with the same. In at least three (listening, speaking and writing) of the four sections in IELTS, your grammar will determine the score you accrue.
- You should also strive to improve your English vocabulary, although the focus need not entirely be on learning new terms alone. Rather, the focus should ideally be on the way a certain term has been used instead of another word that probably carries a similar meaning.
- While practicing your writing and speaking skills, in particular, try to be on point always; nothing too elaborate and nothing short of what is required either.
- Prioritize getting your basics right as well. You do not want your preparations for conquering the bigger challenges prove profligate because of a spelling error. So, guard against making elementary errors!
- Write multiple mock tests in the lead-up to the exam. Your preparation schedule should ideally have a couple of days of preparation followed by a mock test in some capacity. For example, you can mock test yourself only in the writing and listening sections on one day, and focus on the remaining sections the next day.
- Give yourself ample time to relax and enjoy yourself. This is an integral part of preparing for any challenging exam and it’s no different for IELTS as well.
Benefits of Preparing for IELTS from Reputed Coaching Centers in Bangalore
Enhance test-related skills:
- Enhance test-related skills: You will be advised on how to tackle the IELTS exam and improve skills relevant for all the four sections of the exam, mainly reading, writing, listening, and speaking. Functional grammar and vocabulary are also prioritized in learning to improve English speaking as well as writing range and accuracy through regular practice.
- Get relevant experience: To prepare for the test day, you must learn about the test format and different questions.
- Make efficient strategies: To help you perform better, institutes will teach you plenty of tips and techniques by incorporating guided practice for authentic test questions of all parts of the test
- Get confident: You will practice speaking and writing English for specific test sections in your course as well as writing and reading to make you get used to using the language and help you feel calm and confident under pressure.
How to Enroll in Reputed IELTS Coaching in Bangalore?
To get started:
- Go to Sulekha's website or open the app and search for the course you want to study.
- Go through hundreds of IELTS coaching providers and their details. You can directly contact them through the app by selecting the right coaching for you.
- Based on the location, faculty, fees, rating, and reviews, choose the most suitable coaching class to get enrolled.
- Always look for previous student reviews to make a sound decision, and from hundreds of options to choose from in Bangalore, you can always stay on your budget.
To know which IELTS exam you need to take, check with your receiving organization before booking an IELTS coaching program with any institute. If you wish to change your course module after booking and paying for your course, additional charges may apply on such requests. After selecting the type of training, you must choose the class time, batch, date, and course duration for the training.
IELTS Exam Dates 2022 Bangalore
IELTS test dates are offered about 4 times in a month making a total of 48 fixed test dates in one calendar year. The availability of IELTS dates in India may differ for the Academic and General Training module. While the Academic version is available on all 48 dates, the General Training version is available on 24 dates. In order to create flexibility and convenience, tests are mostly held on Saturdays and Thursdays.
You can choose the timing of your IELTS exam according to your convenience, as IELTS Test dates are available throughout the year. The IELTS test centres function on a first-come-first-serve basis, so it is important to book your dates as soon as possible. During the high season, tests can fill up one month in advance. So registering for IELTS date early is a very important task.
Steps to Select IELTS Exam Dates and Location
- Visit the British Council official website and click on Register
- Click on ‘Find Test Date’ and enter in the month city and module of choice
- Following this, you will be then redirected to the IELTS Application: Check Test Availability page
- Complete the online application form
- Candidates are required to select the desired date and click ‘Apply’
IELTS Paper based Test Dates & Fee 2022 in Bengaluru
IELTS Test Dates - Academic
IELTS Test Dates - Academic
IDP IELTS Exam Centres in Bangalore
Office No. 30, 1st Floor,
Above Axis Bank, Times Point,
Doddanekkundi Industrial Estate, Graphite India, Main Road,
KEB Colony, Industrial Area, Hoodi, Bangalore - 560048
Phone Number: 80-46404888
Timings: Mon to Sat - 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
St. Marks Road
Unit No. 206, 2nd Floor, 8, Excellency Building, Papanna Street,
Off St. Marks Road,
Bangalore - 560001
Phone Number: +91-80-44118888
Timings: Mon to Sat - 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM