Top 10 Preparation Tips for Scoring 8 Band and More in IELTS
Students who want to pursue under or post-graduation in foreign universities and professionals who are keen on migrating abroad, have to take the IELTS exam, which examines a candidate’s English listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills. The two IELTS modules are Academic, which is for the would-be under and post-graduates, and General Training, which is for the overseas professionals who need a work or residence permit to migrate abroad. IELTS scores range between 0 and 9. Although every candidate is unique and requires a different band score to fulfill his/her objective, a band score of eight or more is desirable for most. Now, you can set your sights on securing a band score of eight in IELTS. But how do you actually secure such a lofty score? This article provides you the top 10 preparation tips for the desired success.
Following are the 10 most effective tips for scoring high:
- Make reading newspapers and listening to news a part of your everyday routine, to improve your vocabulary, learn to frame proper, concise sentences while writing and speaking, and basically keep yourself abreast with the happenings around the world.
- In addition to reading newspapers and listening to news, podcasts can also be really helpful in honing your listening skill, as far as the IELTS test is concerned.
- Learn to extemporize proficiently. You must learn extemporizing because in the second part in the speaking skill, you will be given a topic to speak on for a few minutes. Here, the focus has to be on clear pronunciation.
- Likewise, practice writing 200 or 300-word essays on random topics, to not only acquaint yourself with writing but also be able to write on any topic you get.
- Also a part of your IELTS preparation has to be learning grammar and becoming familiar with the same. In at least three (listening, speaking and writing) of the four sections in IELTS, your grammar will determine the score you accrue.
- You should also strive to improve your English vocabulary, although the focus need not entirely be on learning new terms alone. Rather, the focus should ideally be on the way a certain term has been used instead of another word that probably carries a similar meaning.
- While practicing your writing and speaking skills, in particular, try to be on point always; nothing too elaborate and nothing short of what is required either.
- Prioritize getting your basics right as well. You do not want your preparations for conquering the bigger challenges prove profligate because of a spelling error. So, guard against making elementary errors!
- Write multiple mock tests in the lead-up to the exam. Your preparation schedule should ideally have a couple of days of preparation followed by a mock test in some capacity. For example, you can mock test yourself only in the writing and listening sections on one day, and focus on the remaining sections the next day.
- Give yourself ample time to relax and enjoy yourself. This is an integral part of preparing for any challenging exam and it’s no different for IELTS as well.
IELTS Band Score
IELTS Exam Dates 2022 Delhi
IELTS test dates are offered about 4 times in a month making a total of 48 fixed test dates in one calendar year. The availability of IELTS dates in India may differ for the Academic and General Training module. While the Academic version is available on all 48 dates, the General Training version is available on 24 dates. In order to create flexibility and convenience, tests are mostly held on Saturdays and Thursdays.
You can choose the timing of your IELTS exam according to your convenience, as IELTS Test dates are available throughout the year. The IELTS test centres function on a first-come-first-serve basis, so it is important to book your dates as soon as possible. During the high season, tests can fill up one month in advance. So registering for IELTS date early is a very important task.
Steps to Select IELTS Exam Dates and Location
- Visit the British Council official website and click on Register
- Click on ‘Find Test Date’ and enter in the month city and module of choice
- Following this, you will be then redirected to the IELTS Application: Check Test Availability page
- Complete the online application form
- Candidates are required to select the desired date and click ‘Apply’
IELTS Paper based Test Dates & Fee 2022 in Delhi
IELTS Test Dates - Academic
IELTS Test Dates - General Training
IELTS for Study Abroad Coaching Centers in Delhi
English has become an essential asset for everyone who dreams to pursue education or work abroad. It is the third most spoken language in the world. Residing in a country like India with multi-lingual cultures, most of them who aspire to go abroad lack guidance in English communication, and their hard work goes in vain. IELTS, an English language exam, tests candidate’s English knowledge on different aspects. IELTS is accepted by more than 11,000 employers and universities in the world, including more than 3400 USA institutions. While many of the candidates are already aware of the exam, most of them experience a void in guidance and coaching. Especially in a vast city like Delhi, candidates find it difficult to opt for that one perfect coaching center. By registering with Sulekha, you can get in touch with top-class coaching centers in Delhi, which will train you, making you a perfect candidate.
Many popular countries such as UK, Australia, New Zealand, the USA, and Canada expect candidates to pass IELTS before taking admission in universities and migration. The examination is designed to test your reading, listening, speaking, and writing abilities in English. To master all the sections, you need to be tutored by the best coaching centers in Delhi. The IELTS score varies between the range of one, which is the lowest, to nine, and the highest. The score you need to possess varies depending upon the university boards and countries. However, the candidate is expected to have at least an average score. Anyone can attend IELTS, and there are no minimum qualifications required, but each country, companies, and universities have different criteria. IELTS is conducted 4 times a month, summing up to 48 times a year. Candidates can appear as many times as they want until they get the desired score.
IELTS Test Centres in Delhi
There are two official bodies that conduct the IELTS Test in Delhi and across India, one of which is the British Council with its branches in 40 locations. Another recognized organization is IDP Education with its presence in 37 cities. The predefined fee for the exam is INR 13,250 irrespective of the organizational body that conducts the exam. To appear for the IELTS exam or to book the test centre, you must talk to the organization authorized to get the exam conducted. You may choose the organization considering the location that better suits your requirements.
Centres of British Council
IDP Test Centres in Delhi