Before you consult a wedding caterer in Ahmedabad, note down a list of points to discuss and ask a wedding caterer. This will help you get a better idea about the wedding caterers in Ahmedabad and their services. Here, the list of points to consider discussing with a potential wedding caterer in Ahmedabad.
- Is the wedding caterer available on your desired dates?
- Wedding caterer’s experience and specialization
- Specializes in multiple cuisines wedding catering styles
- Capability to serve a larger guest count of 500+ people
- Offers outdoor/indoor wedding food display arrangements
- Adheres to hygiene and quality food standards
- Provides customized tasting session
- Offers cutlery and dining ware to serve the wedding guests
- Excels in food presentation and display arrangements
- Previous wedding catering clients and orders undertaken
- Affordable wedding catering charges in Ahmedabad
- Additional services like provides a wedding cake, catering décor, etc.
- Professional and cordial enough to fulfill specific wedding catering requirements
- Terms and conditions of the wedding caterer
- Wedding catering payment policies
Post discussing these aspects, you will have a clear picture of whether it’s worth hiring the shortlisted wedding caterer in or not.
Must have dishes in a Gujarati wedding
Referred to as the jewel of western India, Gujarat is famous for its Gujarati cuisines which predominately consists of vegetarian food. A traditional Gujarati consists of roti, dal, vegetable, pickles, farsan, deserts that strike a balance between sweet and spicy flavors. Wedding caterers in Ahmedabad are well versed with Gujarati cuisines and specialize in the same. A Guajarati wedding catering is incomplete without food items like Dhokla,farsan,undiyo, dal dhokli, doodpak,kadi, handvi, sev tamata nu shaak, jalebi, khatha meetha bhaat etc. Keep reading to know more of that.
10 must-try dishes at a Gujarati wedding
- Khandvi- Khandvialso known as suralichya wada in Maharastra is made of a batter using gram flour and buttermilk. Thin layers of khandvia remade into rolls and are tempered with some sesame seeds and spices.
- Dhokla- Dhoklais staple favorites among the Gujaratis. Made using a fermented batter of rice and chickpea flour, dhokla is not only comforting and delicious but a healthy dish in itself. It is tempered with mustard seeds and spices before cutting them into cubes. It is served with a sweet and green chilly chutney.
- Undhiyu- Undhiyuis a vegetable curry made using winter vegetables like eggplant, potatoes, yam, green peas, banana, beans, crunch muthiyas, papdi It is slowly cooked in buttermilk and best relished with fried puris.
- Sevtamata nu shak- Sev tamata nu shak is a side dish which can be best enjoyed with phulkas, theplas or even parathas. This dish is a burst of flavors as it has elements of various flavors like sweet, salty, spicy and tangy.
- GujuratiKadhi- This is a staple dish in a Gujarati thali. Made with sour curd, this further thickened using gram flour, spices and has a hint of sweetness from the jaggery. Best served hot with chapatis and white rice.
- Murghanushak- Murhahnu shak is Gujarati chicken curry cooked in a rich gravy of onion, tomatoes, yogurt and spices. This dish combines authentic flavors of potatoes, chicken, drumstick and Gujarati masala with a hint of sweet, spice and tanginess.
- Bardoliki khichdi-This is a comforting rice dish which has various elements like dal, spices, raw mangoes, potatoes, and peas. It can be served with pickles, curd and a big dollop of ghee on top of it.
- Dal dhokli- Dal dhokliis a complete meal itself. Whole wheat dumplings are cooked in a spicy curry with ingredients like lenthils, turmeric, garlic, kokum, and peanuts.
- Aamsrikhand with mango salad- Srikhand is an indian desert that is flavoured and made from strained yogurt. Aam shrikhand is a hot favorite in the summers. It has the right richness from the condensed milk, saffron, cream, and cardamom powder. Chopped fruits and nuts are great topping options.
- Mohanthal-Made with sweetened gram flour, mohanthal is a soft fudge flavored with saffron, cardamom, almonds, and pistachios. Your taste buds are in for a simple yet comforting dessert.
- Handvo- Handvo is a vegetable cake made with a fermented batter of lentils, rice, and vegetables. It has a crisp covering on the outside and is softer inside. This can be a great snack along with a cup of coffee and some mint chutney.
Popular Wedding Catering Style in Ahmedabad
Top wedding caterers in Ahmedabad specialize in both the catering styles. Before you select a wedding catering style, discuss with the wedding caterer about the pros, cons and wedding catering charges in Ahmedabad and decide accordingly.Buffet catering style
Buffet catering style is the most preferred catering style in Indian weddings as it offers a wide variety of food options. Typically, in a buffet system everything from salad, soups to deserts are systematically arranged on the buffet table.
You can opt for Buffet catering style in Ahmedabad for the following reasons:
Plated meal catering style
- Weddings guests get the luxury of choosing what they want to eat from the available food options.
- The buffet setup also lets the wedding socialize with the other guests.
- Buffet catering style eliminates food wastage as the guests serve themselves as they like.
- Buffet catering style lets you serve yourself as you please without having to wait for the server to help you. This catering style is flexible as well as time-saving.
Plated meal is a traditional sit-down meal, where all the wedding guests sit together while the food is served at their table.
Plated meal catering style has its own set of advantages. Here are some of them.
- The waiters serve you food on your table eliminating the hassles of standing in a queue.
- Wedding guests get to try all the dishes from the wedding menu as the server serves all the dishes from the menu one by one.
- This is an affordable catering option as the waiters serve all the dishes in small portions. It is easier to portion control and avoid food wastage.